Saturday, November 19, 2011

Urbandale Middle School--Weekend Two

Weekend two was at great experience.  We went to Urbandale Middle School and were able to listen and as questions of Lara Justman.  She is the assistant principal in this building.  I received great insight from her about struggles she has with her job and how she is able to deal with them.

As a team we worked through the process of building a master schedule.  We discussed positives and negatives with moving to a block schedule.  We also discussed what some of the challenges were for the transition.  Lastly, we discussed about how to work around a building under construction and the challenges that it presents.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Lara gave us great insight into her job and she also gave us opportunities to practice the scenarios in her role as assistant principal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me how much planning goes into a change in a district. Lara was able to show that to us last weekend. I look at the 4 step change process where half of the process is all PLANNING! This is something that I must work on myself.

    ReplyDelete